"Reign of Maxx" - My First Published Color Illustration In A Comic Book


Making a debut and released in San Diego Comic Con 2012 was Max Toy Co's LADY MAXX Issue #1, featuring nearly 30 pages of sequential stories and pin-up art from Bob Conge, Marcus Conge, Daniel Goffin, Shane Haddy, TOVI, Alex Wald, Mark Nagata, and myself! My first ever published color artwork was a pin-up page. adapting characters created by Mark Nagata!

The issue was subsequently released in Singapore and was made available from my Artist Alley booth, and currently bundled along with a PRINT featuring an alternate color-scheme (from the issue's) purchasable HERE! Limited to only 20 printed pieces (sized 17cm x 22cm on 200gsm Diamond White Card), each piece comes signed and numbered. Items will be mailed out in a bubble envelope with a plastic mylar sleeve with an acid-free backing board insert.


Shown below are some WIPs of the drawing, which I first penciled and inked over, and then colored in photoshop.

It has ALWAYS been a dream of mine to have my drawing(s) published in a comicbook, and this was a literal dream come true! Thanks for the opportunity, Mark!

Comments

Popular Posts